Canada chooses skilled immigrants as permanent residents based on their ability to settle in Canada and take part in our economy. There is a new system to manage how people with skilled work experience apply to immigrate to Canada. It is called Express Entry.
Basic eligibility – Federal skilled workers:
- one year of continuous full-time (or an equal amount of continuous part-time) paid work experience
- in one of the eligible occupations within the last ten years, OR
- a valid offer of arranged employment, OR
- an international student who is enrolled in a PhD program in Canada (or who graduated from a Canadian PhD program within the past 12 months).
In addition to meeting one of the categories above, you must also:
- achieve Canadian Language Benchmark 7 on an official language test,
- include either a completed Canadian educational credential or a completed foreign educational credential with an Educational Credential Assessment from an approved organization,
- have at least one year of continuous full-time (or an equal amount in continuous part-time) paid work experience within the last ten years in the primary occupation you state in your application,
- obtain a pass mark on the selection grid (language, education, work experience, arranged employment and adaptability) of at least 67 points, and
- have enough money to support you and your family in Canada.
Start your free assessment today to see how we can help you achieve you immigration goals.